THE 2017 APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN
Levinson and Stefani is proud to sponsor a scholarship for students who have overcome injuries related to motor vehicle accidents.
Every year, we handle dozens of cases involving young people. In many instances, their lives have been irrevocably changed by the effects of a crash. We remain in awe of those who have overcome their injuries and gone on to live meaningful, productive lives.
We’re once again pleased to formally open the enrollment period for the 2017 Levinson and Stefani Perseverance Award, a $1,000 education grant for college-aged injury survivors. Through the Perseverance Award, we hope to relieve a small but meaningful portion of the financial burden that students incur each semester.
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident – you do not have to be from Illinois;
- be a currently enrolled high school senior graduating in 2017, and accepted into an accredited college or university within the United States to start in the fall of 2017;
- have sustained injuries from a motor vehicle accident; and
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Applications will be reviewed by the executive staff at Levinson and Stefani, including Founding Partner Ken Levinson and Managing Partner Jay Stefani. A scholarship winner will be chosen based on the overall strength of the application, as well as the accompanying personal statement.
Further requirements and details are listed below:
Application deadline: July 1, 2017
The selection of a scholarship winner is a competitive process. Applicants must submit the following items:
- 2017 Scholarship Application;
- verification of your current enrollment in high school and cumulative GPA (a report card or transcript);
- verification of your acceptance into a college or university for the fall 2017 term;
- a copy of the police report or other proof of your accident; and
- an essay of not more than 1000 words describing the car accident, your injury, and how you have worked to overcome your injury.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please complete the application and provide the necessary documentation. Your materials must be received by July 1, 2017.
Please submit materials by:
Fax: 312-376-3818; or
Mail: 230 W. Monroe St., Ste. 2210, Chicago, IL 60606
Please email any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
A winner will be announced the week of August 1, 2017.
*Minimum of 5 correct and complete applications must be received by July 1, 2017. A winner will not be selected if 4 or fewer applications are received and accepted for consideration. An application must meet minimum qualifications described above for application to be accepted. Levinson and Stefani will determine the winner at its sole discretion. The decision is final.