Ken Levinson is a passionate advocate for truck and automobile crash survivors. For more than 30 years, he has represented hard working families in cases against some of the largest corporations. By using his legal skills, vast experience, and knowledge of the law, his goal is to level the playing field for those facing the most challenging times of their lives.
Ken is the co-author of Litigating Major Automobile Injury and Death Cases, a two-volume reference series designed to help attorneys build strong cases for their clients by highlighting real-life case studies related to Major Auto Injury and Death. The book is published by AAJ Press/Thomson Reuters.
Honors and Awards
In addition to being the founder of one of Chicago’s top personal injury law firms, Ken has been recognized by Leading Lawyers and Super Lawyers magazines as one of the top attorneys in Illinois, including the Super Lawyers Top 100 in 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. He is the co-author of Litigating Major Automobile Injury and Death Cases, a two-volume reference series designed to help attorneys build strong cases for their clients by highlighting real-life case studies related to Major Auto Injury and Death. The book is published by AAJ Press/Thomson Reuters.
Ken was named one of The 40 Lawyers Under 40 to Watch in Illinois by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company, Ken is among a select group of trial attorneys that has graduated from legendary lawyer Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College, which is dedicated to training and educating lawyers who represent people against corporate and government oppression. Ken is one of only 100 trial lawyers from Illinois selected for The American Trial Lawyers Association, where membership is by invitation only.
Ken has written numerous articles for prestigious lawyer publications and spoken at dozens of conventions for trial lawyers and American Bar Association organizations.
- Personal Injury (Abuse) $43,000,000.00 Awarded (IL)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle $6,500,000.00 Recovered (IL)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle $2,500,500.00 Recovered (IL)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle $2,500,000.00 Recovered (IL)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle $881,000.00 Recovered (IL)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle $475,000.00 Recovered (IL)
American Association of Justice
- Chair of the Trucking Litigation Group
- Past Chair of the Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Section
- Board Member of the National College of Advocacy
- Co-chair of the Jury Bias Litigation Group
- Board of Governors
- Voter Protection Committee
- Committee Chair of the Litigation Group Coordination Committee
- Press Advisory Board
- Leader Forums Member
- Chair of the Practice Resources Committee
- Secretary of Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway, and Premises Liability Section
- Chair of the newsletter committee
- Education/CLE Vice-Chair of the Trucking Litigation Group (2014–2015)
- Co-chair of Publications Committee (2013-2014)
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Planning Chair
- Member of the Board of Governors
- Member of the Board of Managers
- Co-chair of the legislative committee
The Melvin M. Belli Society
- Member of the Executive Committee
- Member of the Board
Chicago Bar Association
- Solo & Small Firm Practice Committee Chair from (2009-2019)
- Solo & Small Firm Practice Committee Vice Chair (2008-2009)
Trial Lawyers College
- Member of the Alumni Board (2010-2013)
- Member of the Editorial Board of The Warrior, Trial Lawyers College magazine
Memberships and Affiliations
- Elite Lawyer Network
- Lawyers Connecting
Focus Groups and Consulting
Over $800 Million in Jury Verdicts
Ken has hosted 100s of focus groups across the country and regularly consults with trial lawyers. He is always honored to assist and motivated to help others discover and test issues they may face during pre-litigation and at trial. Ken’s efforts have resulted in almost a billion dollars in jury verdicts!
After receiving his Bachelor of Arts degree from Hobart College in 1989 and his Juris Doctor in 1992 from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Ken was appointed an Assistant Illinois Attorney General, representing state agencies and employees in civil matters, including both personal injury and civil rights cases. He has been admitted to practice before the Illinois Supreme Court and the Northern District of Illinois, United States District Court since 1992. Levinson is also admitted to the Federal Trial Bar.
Ken volunteers his time and resources to a variety of community and charitable organizations in the Chicago area, such as sponsoring the Tristin Speaks Benefit, which raised funds for autism awareness. Ken is a former member of The Citizens’ Council of LaGrange, a non-partisan community group that promotes better government through the recruiting and evaluation of candidates for local public office, having co-chaired the Council’s Qualifications Committee. Ken participated in the 39-mile, two-day Avon Breast Cancer Walk and the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. Ken also supports Art in Motion, an event hosted by the Associate Board to raise funds for the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, now known as the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
Ken is an area native, born in Chicago and currently living in LaGrange, IL. He is happily married and the father of three boys, keeping him very active in youth and sports-related activities. One of his favorite pastimes is to go with his wife to their sons’ high school varsity games and in-state and out of state tournaments for basketball and volleyball.
Ken can be reached at all hours via email: Ken@LevinsonStefani.com